Top spots for taking pictures in Amsterdam
With its winding canals and cobbled streets, Amsterdam is a highly photogenic city – here are some top spots to take some pictures that will make your trip memorable.
- Posing in front of / on top of / peeking around the 6’5″ft-tall travelling iamsterdam letters, currently located behind the Rijksmuseum
- From the “piazza”, or Mediterranean-style Café DECK5 roof terrace, of the NEMO Science Centre, which can be visited without buying a museum ticket.
- On the narrow Staalstraat drawbridge, which overlooks the picturesque Groenburgwal canal and Zuiderkerk church spire.
- On Herengracht canal, recreating the iconic 17th century painting ‘The Bend in the Herengracht near the Nieuwe Spiegelstraat in Amsterdam’ by Gerrit Berckheyde.
- From the top of the Westerkerk church tower, whose bells Anne Frank heard as she hid on nearby Prinsengracht during the Nazi occupation of Amsterdam
Stena Line operates a twice daily return crossing from Harwich to the Hook of Holland, from where you can drive to Amsterdam in just over an hour.